We have chosen to locate our production facilities in Europe, as close as possible to our value chains and our customers, and to adopt sustainable, environmentally-friendly production methods.
Two leading bioproduction sites
The METEX Group’s industrial production is performed at two plants operated by its two subsidiaries.
- The location The METEX NØØVISTA site in Saint-Avold in Lorraine produces 1,3-propanediol (PDO) for the personal care, green chemistry and biopolymers markets, and butyric acid (BA) for the animal feed, flavours and fragrances industries. With a capacity of 5,000 tonnes/year, it is Europe’s leading bio-sourced PDO and AB production plant. With a capacity of 5,000 tonnes/year, it is Europe’s leading bio-sourced PDO and AB production plant.
- The METEX NØØVISTAGO site in Amiens in the Hauts de France region produces amino acids for the animal nutrition market (lysine, tryptophan, valine, etc.).
For 40 years, it has been the only European bioproduction plant in its speciality, with a production capacity of over 100,000 tonnes/year. The site is set to produce other speciality ingredients for the Group’s target markets, namely cosmetics/consumer care and biopolymers.
Europe’s leading bio-sourced PDO and AB production plant.
Financed and supported by partners
Only European bioproduction plant in its speciality.
Choosing responsible local production
We are convinced that short supply chains are essential for the resilience of value chains. This is why METEX is positioning itself as a European supplier as close as possible to its customers, simplifying logistics and contributing to Europe’s industrial sovereignty.
We also have our own short supply chain We give preference to suppliers of raw materials from local agro-industries using local agricultural products. Over 80% of METEX’s supplies travel less than 300 km. This adds to the value created from these renewable sources and creates a virtuous local socio-economic system for the re-industrialisation and economic development of our regions.
As a responsible industrial company, we are committed to implementing safe and sustainable production methods based on the principles of the circular economy, environmental protection and respect for our employees and local communities.
Our fermentation processes use only renewable resources such as sugar, glucose syrup and glycerine as fermentation substrates Similarly, the by-products generated during the fermentation processes are recycled as sources of protein in aquaculture, as fertiliser in agriculture or even as feed for dairy cows. Over 99.6% of the flows that leave our plants are recycled, a result that is extremely close to meeting strict zero-waste criteria.
We are constantly working to optimise our production facilities and ensure that they fit seamlessly into their environment. Priority is given to:
- the safety of people and the security of our facilities,
- controlling our energy consumption and reducing our carbon footprint,
- guaranteeing the quality of the water returned to the natural environment from the treatment plant, and
- respect for local residents.