METEX directly contributes to 3 of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) established by the United Nations for 2030, SDGs 9, 12 and 13:
- SDG 9: Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- SDG 12 : Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- SDG 13: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
Enriched by this identity and its innovative positioning, METEX decided several years ago to place its CSR commitments at the heart of its business project, relying in particular on two strategic pillars:
• INNOVATING TO CREATE VALUE
• ACCELERATING THE ECOLOGICAL TRANSITION
Creating value through innovation is at the heart of the METEX culture. Innovation means responding to two essential challenges: producing differently and now and being able to challenge the status quo constantly. However, this also means doing so by offering employees, local residents, and other stakeholders a safe, responsible working environment.
Being a player in the ecological transition means responding in a concrete way to the challenges of the circular economy (value maximisation of co-products, waste, and responsible and local purchases) and decarbonisation.
PILLAR 1 Creating value: innovation at the heart of the METEX culture
- Be an alternative to conventional processes Develop one new industrialisation-ready process/year
- Ability to challenge the status quo Develop a culture of industrial protection and confidentiality across the group’s activities
- Working environment Develop an empowering organisation based on high standards, trust, and dialogue
Bring to market one new product or service per year
A corporate culture built around 4 values—inventiveness, adaptability, competitiveness, and cross-functionality—as well as effective communication
Employees are involved in their professional development together with the company
Guarantee the safety of people at work and of facilities
PILLAR 2: Being a key player in the ecological transition
- Circular Economy Measure the environmental footprint of our products using Life Cycle Analysis (LCA)
- Decarbonisation Reduce the carbon footprint of industrial activities
Promote the use and functionality of our solutions
Buy sustainably by relying on local supplies
Apply the principles of the circular economy to move towards zero waste
Industrial sites well integrated into their environment
Develop a low-carbon product offering
Help to reduce our customers’ environmental footprint
Through the development of innovative biotechnologies, we now offer manufacturers viable alternative technologies that use renewable resources and that are designed for mass consumer goods markets. Our solutions contribute to ecological and sustainable growth while also delivering health benefits.
Since its founding, METEX has based its development on essential values shared and supported by its employee each day:
Inventiveness : innovation to promote sustainable, value-creating growth
Adaptability : the world is constantly changing, but by remaining attentive to new developments and our partners’ needs, we are able to build a long-term business in an evolving environment.
Transversality : our actions each day are performed responsibly, taking into account today’s world and tomorrow’s
Competitiveness : the striving for better performance will accelerate the transition to new and more sustainable modes of production